Signals/Slots only with classes

bachmeier no at spam.net
Tue Oct 20 15:34:53 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 20 October 2020 at 07:47:15 UTC, Johann Lermer wrote:
> On Monday, 19 October 2020 at 14:52:45 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>
>> This might all be true, but does it matter?
>
> I firmly believe yes, it does matter. A buggy standard library
> certainly does not help in raising D's attractivness for
> programmers coming from other languages.

I was referring to the part about how development stopped because
it has to be perfect to get in. That's not the reason development
stops. It stops because nobody wants to write the code. Mark the
Phobos library as "do not use" (as has been the case for years
with std.xml) and link to Dub projects that provide the
functionality. There's no reason anyone needs to rely on Phobos.
The programming world isn't perfect.