Either I'm confused or the gc is

donallen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 21:26:36 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 19:30:40 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 16:24:41 UTC, donallen wrote:
>> I'm new to D, but not to programming (I wrote my first line of
>> code 60 years ago and am retired from a long career as a
>> developer and project manager).
>>
>> [...]
>
> What's your i and n_children on panic?

There is no panic. The program starts complaining about the
account data that it is checking, spewing bogus error messages.
This is because the Account structures have been zeroed at some
point in the recursive descent.

But I did set a breakpoint in gdb at the place where the error
messages are issued, and i was something like 230 of an
n_children of something like 350. I don't think either number is
particularly significant, other than that this was an account
that had a lot of children and so was likely to trigger a gc.