Either I'm confused or the gc is

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 22 08:10:57 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 21:26:36 UTC, donallen wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 19:30:40 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 16:24:41 UTC, donallen wrote:
>>> I'm new to D, but not to programming (I wrote my first line
>>> of code 60 years ago and am retired from a long career as a
>>> developer and project manager).
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> What's your i and n_children on panic?
>
> There is no panic. The program starts complaining about the
> account data that it is checking, spewing bogus error messages.
> This is because the Account structures have been zeroed at some
> point in the recursive descent.
>
> But I did set a breakpoint in gdb at the place where the error
> messages are issued, and i was something like 230 of an
> n_children of something like 350. I don't think either number
> is particularly significant, other than that this was an
> account that had a lot of children and so was likely to trigger
> a gc.

Oh, sorry, I mis-read something 🐣

A divide and conquer approach would otherwise be to enable() and
disable() GC at various places to narrow it down. Or even do a
collect() and look at addrOf as stated earlier.

Would be good to know if there really is a bug in the GC or not.
I suspect not, but you can't know for sure until you try.