Dlang for embedded: need real project

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Thu Oct 22 08:15:41 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 22 October 2020 at 08:04:48 UTC, Denis Feklushkin
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Looks like druntime fork dedicated "to support almost any
> system" (https://github.com/denizzzka/druntime) works well with
> ARM Cortex-M3 backend! Almost all unittests is passed on QEMU
> emulated hardware (except threads and fiberes, see more:
> https://github.com/denizzzka/d_c_arm_test/issues/5)
>
> So, it will be cool if some real project will have its firmware
> implemented on D!
> ARM Cortex or MCU based on RISC-V is preferred, but another
> architectures is also appropriate.
>
> Any ideas?

The PineTime[1] is one which is really inexpensive and has really
fun proper use-cases. (Time & date, Bluetooth
communication/integration with phone, heart rate measuring, etc.)

I wanted to start on that a while ago but haven't gotten around
to it yet. Now there is even OTA flashing shipped with the watch
in the included (community) OS which makes it even easier as you
don't need to get a flashing device + cable anymore. (It's very
cheap, 15€ for one with integrated debugger by a big trusted
company for open source/personal use, but putting the cable in
the watch and flashing with it is kind of a pain)

[1]: https://www.pine64.org/pinetime/