Either I'm confused or the gc is

donallen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:28:19 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 22 October 2020 at 21:00:41 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> On Thursday, 22 October 2020 at 19:38:42 UTC, donallen wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> I hate to say this, because so much of this project makes
>> sense to me -- the design of the language, the effort that has
>> been put into documentation, the helpfulness of the community
>> -- but I think I have to throw in the towel. I can't spend any
>> more time on this and it appears that D is just not solid
>> enough for the work I'm trying to do with it.
>
> From the community's perspective, if there is a compiler bug
> that is causing your problem, then it will neither be found nor
> fixed, which is disappointing.
>
> In general, you will always get better help when you are able
> to provide either the complete code or a reduced example and
> what commands you used to run it, as was mentioned above.

I've already provided valgrind output that shows the gc
referencing an uninitialized variable.

Please understand -- I don't have infinite time to spend on this
and I do have alternatives for this work, e.g., nim or go or chez
scheme. Given the valgrind output indicating what looks like a
serious error, I'm not going to put the effort into trying to
reduce this error to an example that I can share fully unless and
until someone convinces me that what valgrind is saying doesn't
indicate a bug in the gc.