Pandas like features

data pulverizer data.pulverizer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 12:54:09 UTC 2020

On Friday, 23 October 2020 at 19:31:08 UTC, bioinfornatics wrote:
> As a researcher in BioInformatics I use a lot python numpy
> pandas and scipy. But I am bored by the slowness of python even
> with cpython code thanks to the GIL and un-optimized tail
> recursion.
>
> So I thinks really that D could play a big role in this field
> with MIR and dcompute.
>
> 1/ what is the state of Magpie which was a GSoC 2019:
>  - Mir Data Analysis and Processing Library
>
> 2/ does the scientific computing field is something that D
> language want to grow ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Best regards

I think the answer to questions like this is often money. You
need to hire someone to write the code that does this. In the
world of research this means a grant to fund it. If you think
there is real merit in the D programming language in your field,
the best thing to do is to make the case in form of a grant
application to pay a researcher to write the necessary code. This
is what languages like R, Python, and Julia do. They are flush
with cash because people write grant applications for PhD
students and researchers to build libraries for those languages.