OT: personal covid preparedness plan

Laeeth Isharc laeeth at laeeth.com
Mon Oct 26 02:27:19 UTC 2020

On Monday, 19 October 2020 at 23:55:57 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> What we didn't do until much later (but by the looks of things,
> if it gets bad we would have no choice): masks. This is
> preventative. You will not know that you have COVID-19 until it
> is too late.
>
> Last but no less important: Stay at home! If you are not
> perfectly healthy, keep away from others.

> Is Symmetry offering the hand sanitizer and where possible
> encouraging social distancing within their offices?

We started preparing for everyone to work from home in January
and the final instruction not to come into the office went out
Feb 23.  We told everyone in January to prepare by having three
weeks of food at home, order masks and to consider vitamin D.

We pay for vitamin D tests for all employees and consultants and
we are trialling antigen strip tests with the hope we can pay for
weekly testing of Symmetry people and their families.

We have also written some public policy proposals to try to
improve Covid policy in the UK.

It's not really an issue to have social distancing within the
office because they have been closed since February and I don't
see a way that we can reopen any time soon.

Hand sanitiser is a good idea if you can't safely wash your
hands, but for a disease spread by droplets and aerosol it's only
something. Our building is owned by the NHS so unfortunately it's
tough to get them to fit HEPA filters and viricidal UV to the
HVAC. A bare minimum to reopen safely.

We are opening a Jersey office and giving people the option to
relocate here.  It's a bit easier to govern an island than a
great nation.