Either I'm confused or the gc is

donallen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 14:17:25 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 25 October 2020 at 17:03:00 UTC, donallen wrote:
> On Saturday, 24 October 2020 at 20:00:42 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>> On Saturday, 24 October 2020 at 16:00:24 UTC, donallen wrote:
>>>
>>> A good thought, but it doesn't change:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Have you tried formattedWrite or the nogc package?
>
> No. At this point, the verifier works and I have stopped
> further porting to D of my financial tools.

I should clarify that I've stopped further work with D because of
the issue that came up in trying to port my verifier application.
I am hoping that the information I provided over the weekend will
enable someone to come up with a definitive explanation of what
happened. If that occurs, I will then decide whether I want to
continue porting my code to D.

I will add that I am impressed with the language -- a big
improvement over C and C++, and with the documentation and the
helpfulness of the community. I'm just concerned, based on the
verifier experience, that D doesn't have the critical mass needed
to make a complex system rock solid. Perhaps the explanation of
the verifier problem will change that.