Either I'm confused or the gc is

donallen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 15:13:56 UTC 2020

On Monday, 26 October 2020 at 14:33:15 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 10/26/20 10:17 AM, donallen wrote:
>> I should clarify that I've stopped further work with D because
>> of the issue that came up in trying to port my verifier
>> application. I am hoping that the information I provided over
>> the weekend will enable someone to come up with a definitive
>> explanation of what happened. If that occurs, I will then
>> decide whether I want to continue porting my code to D.
>
> Thanks for your reports. Unfortunately, without something
> reproducible locally, there's not much we can do without your
> help. As you know I'm sure, I can't fix problems without being
> able to test solutions. So far, nothing has jumped out as an
> obvious error in your code.
>
> If you have time to run some more tests, then I would
> appreciate it. In particular, if you could try this test, it
> could narrow it down a bit:
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/rn1ie3$2363$1@digitalmars.com

Sorry, I missed this suggestion in your earlier message. I'll
give it a try. I'll let you know what happens.

> Alternatively, if you feel comfortable with it, you can send me
> the code/data that fails (or maybe dummy data that also fails),
> and I can keep looking at it.

As I said earlier, the code is not the issue, it's the data. If
we get to this bridge and have to cross it, I'll look trying to
cook up a dummy database that provokes the problem.