Better branding of -betterC

Anonymouse zorael at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:26:31 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 29 October 2020 at 11:58:41 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> I rather rebrand D because it is difficult to search for D
> related stuff in search engines. D is de facto "dlang" because
> you cannot search for "D".

This used to be more true than it is today. Certainly only
searching for "D" will give you wrong results because of the
overwhelming ambiguity, but so will "C" (tested Google).

"d standard library", "d tutorials", "d syntax", "d std
algorithm", "d hello world" etc all give correct/relevant
results. Narurally you can find examples where they don't, like
"d string", but my point stands.

Branding is fine, adoption is hard.