[SAoC] "Improving DMD as a Library" project thread

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 06:03:40 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 29 October 2020 at 08:50:46 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 October 2020 at 19:08:01 UTC, Mihaela Chirea
> wrote:
>
>> - Add the possibility of analyzing source code that is only in
>> memory
>
> I've started on this [1] (very rough workin in progress), if
> you need any pointers.
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/ddc/commit/cee56ce3750701d593dd619b27d28f18e4929e72
>
> --
> /Jacob Carlborg

So right now the compiler, when given a .d/.di file it opens it,
reads the contents and immediately lexes+parses the string after
which the string is discarded. If the contents of the file need
to be changed or reanalyzed, then the whole process needs to be
started from scratch. What you are proposing Jacob is that the
contents of the file are stored somewhere for ease of reuse. Is
that right?

Cheers,
RazvanN