Better branding of -betterC

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Fri Oct 30 08:39:17 UTC 2020

On Friday, 30 October 2020 at 07:46:58 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Friday, 30 October 2020 at 07:19:13 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> On Thursday, 29 October 2020 at 21:34:06 UTC, Ola Fosheim
>> Grøstad wrote:
>>>
>>> But Swift uses refcounting...
>>
>> Which anyone with proper compiler teachings knows is a GC
>> algorithm, unless their CS professor really screw up their CS
>> books.
>
> In the forums GC usually means a tracing GC. C++ has GC too,
> then.

I like to fix urban myths, and RC not being a GC algorithm is
such a myth.

The other one is about its actual performance against modern
tracing GC implementations.

Regarding C++, it does have one as part of C++11 GC API, C++/CLI,
C++/CX and Unreal C++.