Is it legal to embed dmd and Phobos into the program?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 20:18:43 UTC 2020

(Yes, I am aware of "DMD as a library".)

Still, would it be legal to embed a dmd build environment into a binary
to unzip it at run time to compile code as needed? To compile a shared
library to dynamically load, from source code that is also embedded?L
Poor person's JIT compilation? :)

I am currently implementing it without the dmd part. Curious about
whether dmd part would be legal or not.

Ali

P.S. What about the 'unzip' program? May I embed that as well? The whole
OS? Ok, I started having too much fun... :)