Pandas like features

bachmeier no at spam.net
Fri Oct 30 20:32:32 UTC 2020

On Friday, 30 October 2020 at 18:23:38 UTC, Abdulhaq wrote:

> I would like to see D have a numpy equivalent but realistically
> you won't duplicate the numy ecosystem here, it's too much
> work. And why do it? Just wrap up the numpy ecosystem from D
> and use it like that.

I would love to see this. A project to use the functionality of
Python, R, and Julia from inside a D program with little effort.
William Stein did something like that with SageMath, but from a
different angle. I can say the R part is simple. (Not only the
parts written in R, but any underlying C, C++, or Fortran code
with R bindings as well.) I wouldn't expect it to be much harder
for the other languages, but since I don't work with them, I
can't say. The advantage of D would be the new functionality you
write in D on top of the existing functionality in those
languages.