Future of D 2.x as stable/bug fix, and what's next for D 3.x

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Sep 2 08:40:27 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2020-09-01 at 18:49 +0000, Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 September 2020 at 15:23:10 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> > I didn't quite understand that sentence. What is the problem
> > with the current design that prevents D from gaining momentum?
>
> And of course memory management, which is constantly brought up
> by ex-D users:
>
> https://www.osnews.com/story/132286/rust-1-46-0-released/#comments
>
> Probably the issue with most impact on adoption.

And D without garbage collection would create a pool of ex-D programmers
saying "if only D had stuck to it's guns with garbage collection instead of
being bullied into a position by C++ and Rust lovers who aren't going to use D
anyway."

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200