More incremental process for adding new features in D

Per Nordlöw per.nordlow at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 19:45:58 UTC 2020

After having read incremental progress on language constructs
supported in `const fn` in Rust version 1.46 at

https://blog.rust-lang.org/2020/08/27/Rust-1.46.0.html#const-fn-improvements

C++ has taken a similar approach when adding support for more
language constructs that can be used in `consteval` functions.

I wonder why we haven't taken an incremental approach to newCTFE
aswell. I bet there are numerous projects who could benefit from
it despite its lack of associative arrays and exception handling.

Adding newCTFE as a -preview=new-ctfe will gather feedback on
bugs and performance and will motivate the developers themselves
in helping Stefan out in making newCTFE more complete.