OT - Re: More operators inside `is(...)` expressions

Nick Treleaven nick at geany.org
Sat Sep 5 12:27:19 UTC 2020

On Friday, 4 September 2020 at 05:58:31 UTC, Dominikus Dittes
Scherkl wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 September 2020 at 16:49:24 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> --
>> Amateurs built the Arc, Professionals built the Titanic
>
> Do you choose your signature or are they random?
> (I doubt it, because they're so often so fitting)

The quote implies that the Ark was a better boat than the
Titanic. This is obviously incorrect in terms of capacity,
facilities and lifetime. It was Marketing that ruined the
Titanic, not the engineers. (Plus the Ark is fictional and
impractical).