chunkBy bug?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Sep 6 14:08:35 UTC 2020

On Sat, Sep 05, 2020 at 11:14:08AM +0000, JG via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Thanks for your reply. I was getting the same error with both dmd and
> ldc, I will try updating. For clarity do you know what precisely is
> causing the problem? My "fix" was to un-nest the structs used in
> chunkBy. Was the bug in dmd, something to do with nested structs?

The problem was caused by nested structs needing a context pointer, and
an alias function parameter also needing a context pointer. Older
versions of dmd could only handle 1 context pointer at a time, so was
unable to handle this case.

Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals could believe them. -- George Orwell