Bug in installer.sh#L552-L556 and missing signature files

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Sun Sep 6 15:54:41 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 6 September 2020 at 14:08:04 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
> On Sunday, 6 September 2020 at 13:09:31 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
> wrote:
>> On 2020-09-05 23:35, Andrew Edwards wrote:
>>> @Martin @Seb,
>>>
>>> Request assistance with Issue 21226. The description is
>>> pasted below for easy reference:
>>>

> [snip]
>
>> Alternatively you can use DVM [1].
>>
>> [1]  https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dvm
>
> Thanks Jacob. But I need the the issue to be addressed formally.

May I ask where the need is coming from?
After all, these binaries are at least seven years old and:

- Linux binaries only work with 2.079.0 or higher on modern
machines which require PIC binaries
- OSX binaries only work with with 2.088 or higher due to ABI
changes on >= 10.15
- The install script only supports CygWin for two releases and
even here you'll likely to have problems with older versions as
they aren't code-signed

Anyhow, as the fix is easy, I opened a PR and uploaded signatures
until 2.060.

https://github.com/dlang/installer/pull/470

The bigger issue is that even newer binaries (e.g. 2.088) have
been signed with a GPG key that has since been expired and we
should resign all archives. So when this resign script is been
setup, we can also sign the older archives.