Buttons in the web app of this forum

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Tue Sep 8 10:51:58 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 8 September 2020 at 07:04:52 UTC, Cecil Ward wrote:
> When I’m posting things in this forum, I keep hitting the
> button at the bottom right hand corner, which of course is the
> go for it button. And wait, oh hell, it’s "discard".
>
> These buttons are the wrong way round, no?
>
> Can we swap them to make them the right way round? Would that
> create a whole new problem by confusing experienced users who
> are very used to the existing arrangement ? Or could we put the
> go for it button in the rhs and put discard in a slightly
> different position so that it will be safer for experienced
> users?

the order of these buttons is probably very user-related and only
really relates to what you are used to. (In windows dialogs are
Yes/No/Cancel for example and on OSX they are Don't
Save/Cancel/Save)

I recommend always using the preview function anyway, where you
also have 2 similar buttons next to each other which are easier
to read.

> Also could we add a y/n prompt in discard if not done already?

There is an undo function if you accidentally discard