[SAOC] "D backend for Bison" thread

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Sep 10 15:04:42 UTC 2020

On 2020-09-09 21:59, Adela Vais wrote:

> The project I will pursue during SAoC aims to complete the D backend for
> Bison, by creating the GLR Parser for the D language.

I don't know much about Bison. But isn't Bison a parser generator that
takes some language grammar as input and outputs a parser implemented in
some language. Bison seem to currently support C, C++ and Java for the
parser implementation. Is the goal to add D to that list?

> - Pass all unit tests, fix any bug that appears.

Why is this a separate task? In my opinion all unit tests should be
written at the same time as the implementation, or before, if you're
doing test driven development. And the implementation is not done until
the tests are done an all pass. The tests are part of the implementation.

--
/Jacob Carlborg