Discussion Thread: DIP 1036--Formatted String Tuple Literals--Community Review Round 1

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 10:43:54 UTC 2020

On Friday, 11 September 2020 at 09:01:31 UTC, aliak wrote:
> How about using Atila's nogc code [0] and just having `i"Hello
> $name!" lower to `text("Hello ", name, "!")`
>
> Works with both writeln, printf, and string assignment.

The short answer is, I want to be able to write `mixin(i"...")`
and have it work in BetterC. The long answer is something about
design elegance, separation of concerns, etc.

Anyway, I don't expect my idea to satisfy everyone equally.
That's why it's my "personal vision," and not my "perfect
solution to everyone's problems." :)