Discussion Thread: DIP 1036--Formatted String Tuple Literals--Community Review Round 1

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 13:11:02 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 12 September 2020 at 12:40:21 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> I am legitimately scared at this point.

Posts like this add nothing of value to the conversation. You
should at least say why.

But you have to understand there is literally no winning. Provide
a convenience feature and people complain it is not composable.
Provide a composable feature and people complain it is not
convenient. Provide both and get this.

At a certain point, we'll have to tell one group (or more)
"sorry, you lose". Personally, I say we should make it composable
and tell everyone else to suck it up and call a function on the
result. But I'm trying to be a team player here and at least
explore the options before dismissing them.