In the age of microservices and networking in general, were D is at?

James Blachly james.blachly at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 02:01:09 UTC 2020

On 9/13/20 5:16 PM, ryuukk_ wrote:
> I think it needs to be updated then, that would clear some of my
> concerns about vibe.d
>
> I think the plain text one is the most important one to fix first, such
> basic concept shouldn't be that slow

I haven't double checked vibe-d's benchmark code, but FYI many of the
other "ultra performant" frameworks are essentially cheating (even if
staying within the rules) by optimizing code paths to work ONLY for the
benchmark. For example, instead of matching on the route, they match on
the first character of, or the length of the route.