[SAoC] "Druntime for Microcontrollers" project thread

Severin Teona teona.severin9 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:00:31 UTC 2020

Hi Denis, thank you for your answer.

On Monday, 14 September 2020 at 09:11:07 UTC, Denis Feklushkin
wrote:

> This is my unfinished work about porting D to ARM Cortex-M MCU:
> https://github.com/denizzzka/d_c_arm_test

Thank you for sharing this with me, I will take a look at what
you have done there.

> Link Time Optimization (LTO) is available in LLVM-based ldc2
> and can dramatically (2-3 times!) decrease .text size.

Hmm, I will try this as soon as I manage to compile the runtime
for the Cortex-M, because right now that the big issue for me.
The 'ldc-build-runtime' tool fails for Cortex-M and I cannot find
another way to build it. I have also tried to manually compile
everything, but I could not get anywhere.

I have posted a question regarding the error I get when I try to
compile the runtime on the Learn thread:
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/btiahosjluxddsjjnleq@forum.dlang.org.

I would appreciate if you could help me find a way to solve this.

> QEMU have -m option to add slightly more memory into emulated
> Cortex M3 devices - can be useful to fit all druntime tests.

Thank you, I will try to do that too.