[SAoC] "Druntime for Microcontrollers" project thread

Denis Feklushkin feklushkin.denis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:34:22 UTC 2020

On Monday, 14 September 2020 at 15:00:31 UTC, Severin Teona wrote:

> Hmm, I will try this as soon as I manage to compile the runtime
> for the Cortex-M, because right now that the big issue for me.
> The 'ldc-build-runtime' tool fails for Cortex-M and I cannot
> find another way to build it. I have also tried to manually
> compile everything, but I could not get anywhere.

Faced with this too. At this stage I choosed Meson build system
and moved druntime build to it:

https://github.com/denizzzka/druntime/blob/non_posix/meson.build

Meson supports fine-tuning of build process with all these tons
cross-compiling options.

I remembered one more "hint" to avoid confusion of options, etc:
don't use "bare metal" term. Just assume that you are implement
druntime support for a new unusual operating system.