Isn't `each` too much of a good thing?

12345swordy alexanderheistermann at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 18:04:22 UTC 2020

On Friday, 18 September 2020 at 16:47:40 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Friday, 18 September 2020 at 16:21:47 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
>> On Friday, 18 September 2020 at 15:22:58 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>>> On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 02:55:39PM +0000, 12345swordy via
> [...]
>>>
>>> I'm speaking in general.  It applies to any language, really.
>>
>> Not true, other languages implement implicit conversions in
>> different ways. Seriously what languages are you referring
>> here?
> [...]
>
> Any language.  Implicit conversions have a tendency of reducing
> code maintainability or quality.

I noticed that you had ignore my other questions. Stop making
weasel words by saying "Implicit conversions have a tendency of
reducing code maintainability or quality." without specifying how!

> Here's a small sampling of issues that may be encountered:
You can make the same kind of statement regarding the goto
feature.

> This is just a random sampling I got from Google.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/logicalfallacies/Biased-Sample-Fallacy

  (I still use alias this, mind
> you, but more and more I'm beginning to realize it's not such a
> good idea. It's convenient, for sure, but leads to
> hard-to-understand code. Not to mention it interacts poorly
> with generic code, because you can never be 100% sure exactly
> what type you're getting out of it.)
>

> --T

The issue with alias this is that it introduces the multiple
inheritance promblem, not that introduces implicit conversion.