[SAoC] "Druntime for Microcontrollers" project thread

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Mon Sep 21 16:34:26 UTC 2020

On Monday, 14 September 2020 at 07:59:08 UTC, Severin Teona wrote:
> [...]

cool thanks for this project! I have before also used D on AVR
devices (8 bit microcontrollers) where I ported libc-avr to D
here: https://github.com/WebFreak001/avrd

Maybe that will help you get the idea of how to get D running on
a completely different hardware with betterC first. For porting
object.d and the druntime check out Adam D. Ruppe's WebAssembly
object.d, which is a very minimal good starting point where you
just add features incrementally as you need them.

Don't forget to make a post when you get a basic D application
with the most minimal runtime (just object.d without phobos and a
lot of druntime) running with TockOS, I would love to try it out
running it on my PineTime which I wanted to program for a while
now!