[SAoC] "Druntime for Microcontrollers" project thread

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Mon Sep 21 17:06:38 UTC 2020

On Monday, 21 September 2020 at 16:58:15 UTC, Denis Feklushkin
wrote:

> At first steps for non-mass market devices it is possible and
> convenient to solder-in external ROM to fit D binary into MCU.

Most SoC has everything integrated today so the memory, flash and
everything is on the die. Long are the days gone when at least I
can solder things on circuit boards. Today I can't even see many
of the components. A few times I needed something changed at work
on a modern circuit board and I had give it away to experts who
had microscopes and special equipment.

Today, you size the system from the beginning otherwise you have
change the SoC completely which means new PCB design which is
expensive.