Rant time? Rant time.

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 07:02:13 UTC 2020

On Monday, 21 September 2020 at 11:37:37 UTC, aberba wrote:
> I'll rather have knowledgeable people make the wrong decision
> and be responsible for fixing it than a majority of ignorant
> people vote for a mess no one likes to fix.
>
>  That's that's a very common situation out there.

Actually, it isn't. Most languages keep the core language small.

The advantage of separating designers from implementors is that
you are more likely to overcome the inertia (unwillingness to
restructure compiler internals).

So overall, you are better off having a well stuctured modular
reference compiler and leave the production compiler to someone
else ( not involved with language design ).