GDC CI on MacOS, FreeBSD, Windows

wjoe invalid at example.com
Wed Sep 23 09:04:15 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 22 September 2020 at 18:36:30 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2020-09-22 12:47, wjoe wrote:
>
>> All of this is very interesting but at the same time I'm more
>> confused now than I was before :S
>
> It depends if emulation is acceptable or not, I cannot answer
> that. If it is, go with 10.6. Otherwise go with 10.5.
>
> What you can do is compile the code on any version of macOS any
> specify the `MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET` environment variable,
> like this:
>
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6 clang main.c

I see.

What they are using at Cirrus [1] is Anka Virtualization [2].
They offer High Sierra out of the box but it's possible to build
images yourself.
This Packer template [3] looks somewhat akin to Dockerfile.

Anyways, thanks for your feedback. I'm starting to get a picture.

[1]
https://medium.com/cirruslabs/announcing-macos-support-on-cirrus-ci-67f2d6a68553
[2] https://veertu.com/technology/
[3] https://github.com/cirruslabs/osx-images