What are the prominent upsides of the D programming language?

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 26 13:04:55 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 23 September 2020 at 00:35:56 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 9/21/2020 4:04 AM, Imperatorn wrote:
>> Top reasons to use D instead of for example Rust, Julia, Go
>> etc :)
>
> The top reason for me is plasticity. The combination of D's
> features make it much easier to refactor and redesign code to
> improve it. With C, the initial design tends to stick because
> it's so difficult to redesign it.

Yes! I truly think D is in a sweet spot of low/high
multi-paradigm programming while aslo having great performance.
To be honest I've looked at other languages, a lot. But what I
find is that I actually come back to D after a while. Because,
well, it's actually great :)