Is there any language that native-compiles faster than D?

Per Nordlöw per.nordlow at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 09:05:46 UTC 2020

On Friday, 25 September 2020 at 16:01:32 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
> I just added support for Apple's Swift. It's massively slow on
> Linux. Check is 61 times slower than dmd and build is 42 times
> slower than dmd.

The update comments at [1] gives some clues to problems with "Big
Agenda Languages" in general och Swift in particular. Jonathan
Blow explains the meaning of the term "Big Agenda Languages" at
[2].

This should be mentioned when people ask us why we work for Dlang.

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25537614/why-is-swift-compile-time-so-slow
[2] https://github.com/BSVino/JaiPrimer/blob/master/JaiPrimer.md