Reimplementing the bulk of std.meta iteratively

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 28 23:37:05 UTC 2020

On Monday, 28 September 2020 at 21:27:56 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 28.09.20 23:08, claptrap wrote:
>> Instead of first class types
>
> (Stefan's type functions do not give you first-class types. A
> first-class type you could put in a runtime variable.)

That's true. At least as it stands right now.
I _could_ give  the alias a physical form at runtime.
(By doing the same thing that the reify template does (or rather
will eventually do), that is exporting _all_ the properties of
the type into an object)

However I am not actually sure what the use of this would be.
All usage that I have seen, is in generating code, which is
kindof useless if it does not happen at compile time.

Perhaps there are others?