What are the prominent downsides of the D programming language?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 13:07:33 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 29 September 2020 at 13:01:54 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> there's no need. People get along swimmingly without having to
> specify types. It also makes your code much more robust.

I like type inference and flow typing, but it does not make code
more robust.

Specifying twice makes code more robust.

This is basically the principle in verifiable computing, you
provide two descriptions of what your code should do and then the
check that they line up statically.