What are the prominent downsides of the D programming language?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Sep 29 17:17:26 UTC 2020

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 05:08:17PM +0000, Per Nordlöw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 September 2020 at 16:57:52 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > > Look at Phobos source code: complex template constraints.
> > [.> IMO, overly-complex and opaque sig constraints is a sign that the
> > template was not properly designed. A lot of the complex constraints in
> > Phobos leak
>
> Agreed. This will benefit compile times aswell.

I doubt it will benefit compile times (evaluating sig constraints vs
static ifs pretty much make no difference to the compiler), but at least
it will make Phobos templates more user-friendly!

The fact that anyone still uses AOL shows that even the presence of options doesn't stop some people from picking the pessimal one. - Mike Ellis