[SAoC] "Druntime for Microcontrollers" project thread

Severin Teona teona.severin9 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 16:51:46 UTC 2020

On Monday, 14 September 2020 at 09:11:07 UTC, Denis Feklushkin
wrote:

> Link Time Optimization (LTO) is available in LLVM-based ldc2
> and can dramatically (2-3 times!) decrease .text size.

Hi again Denis. I have a quick question about this. Is there a
special way in which I should compile the runtime? For me
personally it didn't do much - from 2.8MB to 2.5MB.

> QEMU have -m option to add slightly more memory into emulated
> Cortex M3 devices - can be useful to fit all druntime tests.

Also, could you give more details about this? I have only found a
few Cortex-M devices that could be emulated, but none of them had
the resources I needed. The biggest was with 64KB of RAM and
256KB of flash.

Thank you!