Severin Teona - SAOC Milestone 1 Update 2 - Druntime for Microcontrollers

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Wed Sep 30 23:07:41 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 30 September 2020 at 16:35:05 UTC, Severin Teona
wrote:

> 2. Also, I tried building the runtime without
> ‘BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF’ and it failed, as it was looking for
> some dynamic libraries (-lpthread, -ldl, -lrt, and so on). My
> question here is, does abynody here know if there exists a set
> of dynamic libraries, compiled for this architecture? With
> TockOS, I’ve been using newlib([2]) as C standard library, but
> newlib is a static library. Would it make a big difference if I
> used a dynamic library?

Dynamic libraries and microcontrollers usually don't make any
sense. Microcontrollers often don't have an MMU which means you
don't win anything by having shared libraries.

I would just skip druntime and phobos and try to use the OS API
directly from D.