Time to move std.experimental.checkedint to std.checkedint ?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Apr 1 00:56:59 UTC 2021

On 3/31/2021 7:36 AM, Max Haughton wrote:
> Intel C++ can be a little naughty with the fast math options, last time I
> checked, for example - gotta get those SPEC numbers!

Benchmarks are always going to be unfair, but it's only reasonable to try and
set the switches as close as practical so they are trying to accomplish the same
thing.

> Standardizing some kind of `assume` semantics strikes me as a good long term
> hedge for D, even if doing static analysis and formal verification of D code is
> an unenviable task.

Static analysis has limits. For example, I complained to Vladimir that using
hardcoded loop limits enabled optimizations not available to recommended
programming practice of not using hardcoded limits.