[OT] Re: Voting for forum posts

Schrom, Brian T Brian.Schrom at pnnl.gov
Thu Apr 1 15:46:51 UTC 2021

On Thu, Apr 01, 2021 at 08:40:10AM +0000, Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d wrote:

First, thank you for this forum/NNTP interface.  It is very
reliable and I've enjoyed using it very much.

Second, for voting, I think that if there is only a single bucket to
vote on, then "quality" is one of the most useful attributes.
Making it a scale rather than binary flag (+1 only option is flag) seems
to make initial sense to me.

Lastly, I've observed a number of forum, mailing list, web tool discussions, on tools and
frustrations with features and they largely boil down to how a person's work flow is.
  - If a person is 100% on a project, then having a very project
    centric tool makes the most sense and is most useful to that
    user.
  - If a person is on N projects, then having a user centric tool,
    like email, makes the most sense and is most useful to that
    user.
  - There are hybrids, like GitHub, if all N projects are
    there, then you get the benefits of each method.