Rich text formatting is now available on forum.dlang.org

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 18:22:47 UTC 2021

After a failed test, Vladimir wrote the following in private email:

<quote>
That post has the header:

So, it's not rendered as Markdown because there is no
"markup=markdown" announced there.
</quote>

My problem is, I cannot find a way to add that in Thunderbird. Doing
what the following page suggests about .headers and .header for
"Content-Type" seemingly quietly fails and as a result, although the
message is sent, e.g. the Subject line disappears. Information here:

   http://kb.mozillazine.org/Custom_headers

Ali's warning: Do not do the following; it does not work and at least
the Subject header disappears.

     user_pref("mail.identity.id4.headers", "markdown");
     user_pref("mail.identity.id4.header.markdown", "Content-Type:
markup=markdown");

On the other hand, I am able to add headers other than Content-Type. So,
perhaps Vladimir can support something like the following?

Ali