Rich text formatting is now available on forum.dlang.org

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 00:57:48 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 1 April 2021 at 18:22:47 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On the other hand, I am able to add headers other than
> Content-Type. So, perhaps Vladimir can support something like
> the following?

This method of advertising Markdown content was chosen because
there is precedent for it:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Content-Type%22+%22markup%3Dmarkdown%22

As such, I think deviating from this convention would not be in
line with maximizing interoperability.

I think the best way to add this to Thunderbird would be to write
a small extension. Perhaps the extension could even provide a
preview of the Markdown render, which would be useful to avoid
accidentally mis-formatting the text, or even allow authoring
messages in a WYSIWYG style (using one of the many available
JavaScript/HTML Markdown WYSIWYG editors).