Rich text formatting is now available on forum.dlang.org

ag0aep6g anonymous at example.com
Fri Apr 2 12:00:53 UTC 2021

On 02.04.21 12:23, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Friday, 2 April 2021 at 10:12:25 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
>> On 02.04.21 09:56, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>>> On Thursday, 1 April 2021 at 16:21:42 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote[...]
>>> I have added a lint rule which warns on thus omitted HTML code, and
>>> offers to fix it (by adding escaping backslashes).
>>
>> Nice, but the warning doesn't show up for me. Probably not deployed yet?
>
> No, it's deployed. Note, though, that the check runs when you click "Send".

I see. I think it should trigger on "save and preview", though. That's
when the author is ready to make corrections.

The replacement is overzealous. It also affects tags in backticks where
the Markdown processor already handles them.

For example, this:

     `<foo>` <foo>

becomes this:

     `\<foo>` \<foo>

but it should become this:

     `<foo>` \<foo>

[...]
> The implementation does provide a knob with two settings (strip all HTML
> or allow all HTML). I don't know if it's due to a technical limitation
> of that particular implementation. I suspect that the reason may be
> something along the lines of that for the purposes of the formal
> specification, there should be a simple and clear rule for when
> sequences of characters are interpreted as HTML vs. when they are not,
> or something like that.

Weird that there's no setting "escape all HTML" or at least "error on
all HTML".