Voting for forum posts

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Fri Apr 2 21:09:41 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 1 April 2021 at 14:33:43 UTC, Q. Schroll wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 March 2021 at 21:40:15 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
> wrote:
>> Online voting is emotionally toxic and logically fallacious.
>
> You're wrong, like really wrong. If that were true,
> [SO](https://stackoverflow.com) should be the pinnacle of
> emotionally toxic and logically fallacious posts when it comes
> to programming topics, but it's exactly the contrary: SO is one
> of the best if not *the* best resource for programming
> questions — and I'd claim it is because of their voting
> system and not in spite of it.

I think it's useful because it exists, is user generated and is
searchable. Not sure what votes do there, they are time skewed,
the best answer is routinely undervoted, the accepted answer is
time skewed too and fails on top of that. As a result I end up
reading all answers and comments to answers. Github issues are
better for more focused information have no voting system, they
too are useful because they exist, are user generated and are
searchable.