Finding the best auto completion sorting

James Blachly james.blachly at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 01:35:52 UTC 2021

On 4/5/21 6:50 PM, WebFreak001 wrote:
> Hi all, there have been sorting improvements made in serve-d which will
> affect how user's auto completion will look like when having broad
> matches. [(1)]
>
> To get a better starting point how you prefer it I would like to do a
> survey where everyone sends in their preferred sorting rules.
>
> For this please visit https://completion.webfreak.org/ and submit your
> preferred sorting for this broad auto complete case.
>
> In reality not all types can even be shown at once, (e.g. both
> `opBinary` and `init` at the same time would be impossible) but for the
> general case this is helpful in finding what users expect.
>
> [(1)]: https://github.com/Pure-D/serve-d/pull/127

These may be standard VSCode icons, but is there a key somewhere? The
semantic meaning is not always clear, and that would influence my sort
order (and apparently did influence sort order of other respondents
based on the results link you shared)

Anyway this is an extremely attractive UI and way to present/query this
data -- great work