-gc in dmd?

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Thu Apr 8 08:37:22 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 8 April 2021 at 06:42:09 UTC, Siemargl wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 April 2021 at 11:36:59 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>>
>> This would greatly improve the debugging experience on Windows
>> as then arrays and associative arrays could work with
>> visualizers. (like using the new natvis visualizer)
>>
>> Only being restricted to LDC with -gc might be a bad
>> constraint for some users, so I'm looking for something that
>> works with both compilers. mago-mi doesn't seem to work at all
>> (running works, no breakpoint support or anything else though)
>
> I take mago-mi  from
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/mago/build/artifacts
> and basically it works for x86 apps, breakpoints stops, array
> are shown, but not AA.

To debug x86_64 applications you need also MagoRemote.exe and a
regedit key
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\MagoDebugger" with a
value "Remote_x64" containing path to "MagoRemote.exe" e.g.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VisualD\Mago\MagoRemote.exe".

(But as far as I know, WebFreak001 recently did a PR which should
find MagoRemote in the same folder).

Kind regards
Andre