World needs a safe language

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 05:22:06 UTC 2021

On Friday, 9 April 2021 at 21:37:51 UTC, Independent wrote:
> World needs a safe language statically typed language without
> GC but simpler than rust. D's biggest win against rust is that
> it has much better interop than rust with C++. If we make D a
> no GC,safe language it can easily beat rust. GC can be
> optional. No company wants to rip and replace existing c++
> code. Why would some want to use D since go with GC is already
> there which is backed by a big corp. Their marketing made GC
> good. However good D is compared to Go, its hard to suceed with
> GC. This is just my opinion. well wisher.

Just don't use it if you hate it so much.
Compilers provided you with tools to track implicit GC runs(dmd
-vgc, ldc -nogc flags), use RAII or whatever for memory
allocations, make your own containers that handles its memory or
find existing one on dub. Done.

No need to waste time and money inventing what's already there.