World needs a safe language

Dylan Graham dylan.graham2000 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 09:47:15 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 11 April 2021 at 09:29:35 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> On Saturday, 10 April 2021 at 23:25:40 UTC, Dylan Graham wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Here are some ideas,
>
> Meadow Platform, a µRTOS and full .NET Standard compatible
> runtime.
>
> https://www.wildernesslabs.co/developers
>
> Had it been in D, there would be no need for the µRTOS,
> everything would be in D.
>
> microEJ, a µRTOS and Java based runtime.
>
> https://www.microej.com/
>
> Also a nice candidate for D.
>
> Unity, now the must go engine for anyone that wants to do game
> dev, AR and VR without having to deal with C++ as much as
> possible.
>
> Had it been in D, HPC# and Burst compiler would have been D
> with @nogc.
>
> F-Secure decided Go is good enough for bare metal coding, so
> USB Armory with TamaGo unikernel was born, yet another use case
> where D would have shinned.
>
> https://www.f-secure.com/en/consulting/foundry/usb-armory
>
> Discussing if D would be better with or without GC is
> pointless, rather improving the already existing language, so
> that companies like the examples above can look at D and place
> it on their candidate list for final decision how to build
> their products.

I think you misunderstand my position. The comment you replied to
was me discussing D's leadership/outlook style.

In my comment above that, I did mention exactly what you are
doing. LWDR is my attempt to make full D accessible in the
embedded world. I am trying to improve D in a sector that I
personally prioritise.