Feedback Thread: DIP 1041--Attributes for Higher-Order Functions--Community Review Round 1

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 09:38:10 UTC 2021

## Feedback Thread

This is the feedback thread for the first round of Community
Review of DIP 1041, "Attributes for Higher-Order Functions".

**THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD**

I will be deleting posts that do not follow the Feedback Thread
rules outlined at the following link:

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/docs/guidelines-reviewers.md

The rules are also repeated below. Recently, I have avoided
deleting posts that violate the rules if they still offer
feedback, but I'm going to tighten things up again. **Please
adhere to the feedback thread rules.**

The place for freeform discussion is in the **Discussion Thread**
at:

https://forum.dlang.org/post/lqjpyhkfnorfiflrflct@forum.dlang.org

You can find DIP 1041 here:

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/11fcb0f79ce7ec209fb2a302d1371722d0c8ad82/DIPs/DIP1041.md

The review period will end at 11:59 PM ET on April 26, or when I
make a post declaring it complete. At that point, this thread
will be considered closed and any subsequent feedback may be
ignored at the DIP author's discretion.

### Feedback Thread Rules
Posts in this thread that do not adhere to the following rules
will be deleted at the DIP author's discretion:

* All posts must be a direct reply to the DIP manager's initial
post, with the following exceptions:
     - Any commenter may reply to their own posts to retract
feedback contained in the original post;
     - The DIP author may (and is encouraged to) reply to any
feedback solely to acknowledge the feedback with agreement or
disagreement (preferably with supporting reasons in the latter
case);
     - If the DIP author requests clarification on any specific
feedback, the original commenter may reply with the extra
information, and the DIP author may in turn reply as above.
* Feedback must be actionable, i.e., there must be some action
the DIP author can choose to take in response to the feedback,
such as changing details, adding new information, or even
retracting the proposal.
* Feedback related to the merits of the proposal rather than to
the contents of the DIP (e.g., "I'm against this DIP.") is
allowed in Community Review (not Final Review), but must be
backed by supporting arguments (e.g., "I'm against this DIP
because..."). The supporting arguments must be reasonable.
Obviously frivolous arguments waste everyone's time.
* Feedback should be clear and concise, preferably listed as
bullet points (those who take the time to do an in-depth review
and provide feedback in the form of answers to the questions in
the documentation linked above will receive much gratitude).
Information irrelevant to the DIP or which is not provided in
service of clarifying the feedback is unwelcome.