Positive emotional energy

James Lu jamtlu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 14:13:06 UTC 2021

Today, Sawyer X stepped down from Perl Steering Committee and
Perl Core Developers due to emotional distress from arguments:
https://perl.topicbox.com/groups/perl-core/T7a4f1bf9e069641f

The BDFL of Python, Guido van Rossum, stepped down for similar
reasons, saying something controversial and getting massively
bullied about it.

---

How does this relate to D? D has the most emotionally positive
and vibrant language communities I've been in. People express
gratitude and use humble and positive language.

Andrei Alexandrescu [wrote
recently](https://forum.dlang.org/post/s4sld1$lfo$1@digitalmars.com)

> Nice idea, thanks for sharing.
> [...]
> Defining a systematic library for that stuff would be pretty
> awesome and would cut down a lot of duplication from Phobos.

Note how positive the language is. It makes me want to share
other ideas about testing I have for D Language.

Let's keep D positive.